Types of Courses
- Online Course: Courses are conducted 100% through the internet.
- Blended Course (Blended-Learning): Offline and Online lectures are integrated.
- Recorded Course: Repeating studies on the icampus is possible by recording lectures.
- Remote Video Course: Courses are conducted by remote videos in both the Humanities and Social Sciences and Natural Sciences campuses simultaneously.
SKKU Internet Education System
- The icampus system and internet address is www.icampus.ac.kr.
- IDs and passwords for icampus are the same as GLS IDs and passwords.
- Courses can be viewed on GLS the same way as general courses. Sign-up at http://sugang.skku.edu. Course sign-up is NOT on the icampus website.
- Sign-up for virtual classes is only possible within the applicable credits per semester.
- New entries or alterations to the course sign-up breakdown will be applied to the icampus system on the next day.
Participating in Courses
- Students should log in to the icampus and utilize the course plan to study, as well as participate in assignments, quizzes, and debates.
- Students must click on the lectures (online and blended courses) at least once a week for attendance.
- The dates and details about online courses will be posted on the GLS CYAN notice and icampus notice boards every semester before the semester begins.
During summer and winter vacation courses suitable for intensive curriculums are opened, providing students with an extra chance to earn credits. There are no summer/winter semesters for graduate school students and they are prohibited from taking them.
Period: Summer Vacation and Winter Vacation
Courses during Summer/Winter Semester
- Consists primarily of courses suitable for intensive curriculums including liberal arts/fundamental courses, co-op courses, field practice courses, and outstanding undergraduate research credit courses
- Balance category, writing and communication courses, online courses (100% internet courses), and teaching practice courses are not suitable for intensive curriculums and therefore are not available.
- Courses for each semester vary each year, and students are advised to take mandatory courses during regular semesters.
Maximum Credits for Summer/Winter Vacation
- The maximum amount of credits students can take during the summer/winter semesters is 6 credits per semester and 9 credits per year.
- There is no limitation on the sum of credits students can take while in school.
- Enrolled students or students on a leave of absence during the semester (If a student took a leave of absence, even if the student fulfilled the required credits for graduation during the summer/winter semester, the student must register for one more semester and return to school. Students on a leave of absence can sign up for summer/winter semester courses twice during the leave.)
- Students in their last semester before graduation can take summer (August)/winter semester (February) courses and fulfill their requirements for graduation.
- Course registration for summer/winter vacation is done at GLS. It is NOT on the course registration website used during the regular semester.