NORTH KOREA ANALYST (Seoul based, full-time)
NK Pro – the sister publication of NK News – is seeking a full-time analyst to join our busy staff.
Preferably based in our office in Seoul, South Korea (though exceptionally high-quality remote-working candidates will be considered), the chosen candidate will work closely with our CEO and Managing Editor to provide regular written and presentational analysis of fast-moving events in and around North Korea.
This is a challenging but deeply rewarding job for either an up-and-coming or already established North Korea specialist who is keen to influence global affairs on DPRK issues while simultaneously making their mark at a fast-growing company.
The chosen candidate will be expected to:
- Hold a post-graduate degree (Masters or higher) related to international security, international relations, North Korea studies, or related topic area
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of and interest in contemporary North Korean issues: the economy, international relations, leadership, WMD, and sanctions
- Strong news judgment with an ability to find fresh analytic angles on developing news
- Demonstrate past experience and ability in writing clear and succinct research and analysis for business, political, and diplomatic audiences to tight deadlines
- Strong presentational skills: the chosen candidate will be expected to speak at events, as well as brief clients and make TV appearances on behalf of the company
- Willingness to occasionally work irregular and at antisocial hours when the news cycle requires it
- Have an openness to international travel
- Korean language proficiency is strongly preferred, though not a firm requirement
- Proficiency in other relevant languages, particularly Chinese, Japanese, or Russian, is also an asset
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter, and three examples of North Korea-focused writing and/or spoken presentations to Chad O’Carroll (email) and Oliver Hotham (email) by November 1. firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Desired start date:
December or January
Commensurate with experience