• home
  • Campus Life
  • Immigration Guide
  • Insurance / Part-time works

Campus Life

Insurance / Part-time works

Health Insurance

All international students must be insured by the National Health Insurance Program. The purpose of health insurance is to protect international students from unexpected accidents or high unforeseen expenses for medical treatment.

National Health Insurance Program

All international students seeking  degrees are essentially registered National Health Insurance from March 1st 2021 according to Korean government's policy.


From arrival date, international students are joined and can use the National Health Insurance.


*Inquiry for insurance: 02-760-0021/


Part-time Jobs (Activities beyond current visa status)

Foreign students (D-2) must receive permission for activities beyond their current visa status (part-time job, internship, etc.)

Permission of Part-time Jobs
  • Requirement
    • Grade Score : Average grade of C(2.0) or above, of just the previous semester.
    • Korean Language Ability
      (Undergraduate 1st,2nd year) TOPIK level 3 or above
      (Undergraduate 3rd year or above / Graduate School) TOPIK level 4 or above
    • English Track: TOEFL 530(CBT 197, iBT71), IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2, TEPS 600

If the language requirement is not met, the working hours are limited up to: undergraduates 10 hours, graduate students 15 hours

Requirement will be waived for students from countries where mother tongue or official language is English

Required Documents
  • Confirmation letter for hourly part-time job (by the staff of the International Student Services, including signature of employer)
  • Passport
  • Alien Card
  • Application Form
  • Transcript
  • Copy of Business License
  • Copy of Standard Employment Contract (hourly wage, job duty, and working times included)
  • Korean track: TOPIK Score
  • English track: English Test score, Proof of  document that all classes are taught in English 
How to Apply
  • ① Fill in the Confirmation letter for hourly part-time job(personal information, place of work)
  • ② Visit the Office of International Student Services with the documents to have it checked
  • ③ Report to the Immigration Office
  • Online : > E-application
  • Visit : Immigration Service Office located in residence
Violation Treatment
  • 1st violation : Disallow part-time employment for one year
  • 2nd violation : Disallow part-time employment during the study period
  • 3rd violation : Cancel study qualifications
Allowed Hours
Allowed Hours
  TOPIK requirement met TOPIK requirement unmet
Weekdays(Mon~Fri) during semester Weekend and vacations
Undergraduate Students 25 hours No limits

10 hours


15 hours



15 hours

Graduate School Students 35 hours No limits
After completion of graduate degree or Ph.D. program while preparing thesis 30 hours No limits

Limited to 1 year and 2 workplaces

Restrictions on Hourly Part-time Jobs for International Students
  • Private lessons, high-tech industries or institutions, entertainment bars or salons, adult entertainment, speculation businesses such as casinos or gambling, or any business that is against ethical customs, etc.
Acceptable Areas (Example)
  • Students are allowed to work in part-time or temporary positions or as assistants at restaurants, stores or companies that are outside of the school, or at a school store, bookstore, school office, or laboratory.
  • Jobs are limited to those that can be performed as a student by social norms.
  • If a student does not report to the Immigration Office and any illegal hourly job activity is discovered, they will be subject to a deportation fine.
Reporting Place of Employment Change
  • If a student changes their place of employment (employer) within the permitted period, they must report the change within 15 days via online or by visiting the Office of International Student Services.
Extension of Permission
  • Limited to 1 year within stay, and 2 workplaces
  • Restricted to :
    • ① Students that have an attendance rate lower than 70% or a GPA lower than C(2.0)
    • ② Students that did not report their working conditions (place of employment, working hours, etc.) fully, or any changes of workplace
Exception for Permission
  • If a student works as an intern to acquire credits or receives a certain amount as allowance by participating in a research project, or participates (such as a teaching assistant or librarian) in a student scholarship at school, a separate permit is not required.
  • If a student receives compensation and the work performed is temporary normal housework or office assistant tasks, and it is not done as an occupational job, such as in the case with a household assistant